The condition of your belongings when they arrive at the destination depends mainly on how you pack them. If improperly packed, your belongings may get damaged or worse, even destroyed. Here are some tips on how to pack your fragile belongings in cartons so they will survive the trip to your new address .
1. . There should be at least a quarter or half of an inch between the box sides and the content. Fill that space with cushioning material such as foam peanuts or crumpled newspaper. Alternatively, you can wrap each individual item in bubble wrap.
2. Make sure that you seal the lids of the boxes with strong duct tape. It would also be best if you tape the corners of the boxes also. This way, the lids won’t accidentally open when the boxes are carried away.
3. Place the smaller boxes inside larger boxes. The bigger boxes act as double protectors for the smaller ones inside them. Seal the large boxes with duct tape as you did with the smaller ones. 4. Make sure that the correct address is printed on the box. You wouldn’t want your items to end up in the wrong place, would you?
5. When lifting sealed boxes, lift them from the bottom. Your hand will act as support, preventing the bottom lid from opening. For heavy, big, or long cartons, ask for help in lifting the box.
6. utilize a trolley to carry a heavier carton. A trolley offers more support than just hands.
7. While in transit, water may penetrate the cartons, especially if they are to be transported by ship. To waterproof cartons, wrap transparent plastic sheet around them. The sheet helps keep the water out of the cartons.
8. Inquire with the shipping company like Carex Shipping to fumigate the vehicle shipping container to prevent bugs from burrowing through the cardboard.